From April 16, 2022, masks will no longer be compulsory when using the cable cars in the ski areas, hotels and restaurants.
Everyone is free to wear a mask in the chairlift and in all queuing areas (including outside areas) to protect themselves and other people from infection.
You can find more information at our Winter operating times. For further details on the current legal provisions in connection with Corona, please refer to an extensive FAQ on the website of the Ministry of Health or on the official EU page.
Corona safety measures for winter operation
What are the basic rules for the summer season?
- Have fun, enjoy the winter and take care of each other! 😊
Which measures are currently in place for entry into Austria?
- Basic rules for summer operations in Ski amadé - not for the winter season 😉
- Measures for entry?
There are currently no restrictions unless entry is from a country or territory with a very high epidemiological risk.
These states and territories are listed in Annex 1 of the COVID-19 Entry Regulations.
Note: There are currently NO States and Territories on Attachment 1.
Lift pass purchase information
Do I have to provide the necessary Covid proof when buying a ticket?
- No, you do not have to provide any necessary Covid proof (3G/2G) to use the cable cars.
- Tickets can be bought easily at any time in the Ski amadé online ticket shop or at the on-site ticket offices.
Corona safety measures
Does a mask have to be worn?
No, there is no mask requirement in gondolas, lifts or queuing areas.
Do guests have to provide 3G proof when using the lifts?
No, 3G proof is not required to use the lifts and gondolas.
Will the cable cars and lifts be aired during the ride and disinfected?
All cable cars and lifts will be aired as best as possible – Please ensure you air adequately during your ride (open windows, open the weather protection cover, etc.).
All lift facilities (cable cars, chairlifts,…) will be regularly disinfected.
How many people will be allowed to travel in a cable car or on a chairlift at any one time?
All cable cars and lifts can be filled to a capacity of 100%.
Where in the villages will disinfectant be available?
Disinfection possibilities are in the toilet facilities and at the ticket office area.
How will guests be informed about the Corona safety regulations on-site?
Guests will be made aware of the current Corona safety regulations by means of signs and loudspeaker announcements on site.
Which Corona safety measures apply to the employees of the lift companies?
- The employees of the cable car companies are trained or instructed according to uniform guidelines and regulations on the Corona safety measures.
- All employees of the cable car companies undergo regular health checks. In the event of suspicion, tests are carried out immediately and the employees are immediately isolated from the company organization.
- The cable car companies each have a Corona officer who is responsible for planning and implementing the measures.
Contact Tracing AppBy using the Contact Tracing APP 'STOP CORONA' of the Austrian Red Cross you are helping to tackle to spread of the Corona virus – it is recommended that you use this. Download app here
Hotels & Accommodation
The accommodations are open for you!
- No FFP2 mask required.
- No 3G proof required.
- Which rules apply to the restaurants in the hotels – see here.
- For the rules for wellness areas and fitness studios, please contact the hotel directly.
Huts & Gastronomy
Huts & restaurants are open for you!
- No FFP2 mask requirement
- No 3G proof required
- No curfew, also in the night gastronomy