...for the whole family!
Tenth Styrian Alpine Lamb Festival on 30th July 2017
This summer, the tenth edition of the Styrian Alpine Lamb Festival will take place at Hauser Kaibling’s base station. This summer highlight promises a varied programme for the whole family, from seeing 800 sheep roam the fields to enjoying culinary Ennstal valley lamb treats. Entrance is free of charge!
There’s something for everyone at Experience the Sheep. Tuck into the culinary delights of the unique, high-quality Ennstal lamb. Guests and locals will enjoy an extensive family-fun festival with all sorts of things to do and see.
- Great Fendt tractor exhibition with one of the biggest tractors in the world - the Fendt 1000 Vario.
- Fun Sheep Race: Bet & Win.
- 09.30 am: Ecumenical sermon
- 10.00 am: Official opening with the Marktmusikkapelle Haus im Ennstal
- 11.00 am: The shepherd, with his border collie, Fly, will lead 800 sheep into the festival area
- 12.00 am: Presentation of culinary delights made from the Ennstal valley lamb
- from 01.00 pm: Musical entertainment with Schoffeichtkoglposcha
- Special activities for our youngest visitors: pony rides, bouncy castle, face painting, handicrafts
In summer, Hauser Kaibling is a real hiker’s paradise. Take to the sign-posted Schafsinn circular walk and sheep-box at Hauser Kaibling tower area. Along the trail, there is a lot of information about the Enns valley lamb EU-leader-project. Also, you’ll have marvellous views across the entire Enns valley and you will meet an 800-strong flock of sheep and lambs and their shepherd. This sustainable project is not only the basis for the happy Enns valley sheep in summer but also motivation for ecological, regional, and valuable products and healthy food.
Styrian Alpine Lamb Festival 2017 Highlights
- Fendt tractor exhibition
- Fun Sheep Race: Bet & Win
- Children’s activities (pony rides, bouncing castle, face painting, handicrafts)
- Exhibitors: presentation of various sheep products
- Culinary highlights:
- enjoy lamb delicacies and regional specialties from our Ennstaler farmers
- Presentation of various Styrian wines
- Raffle with valuable non-cash prizes, such as a Ski amadé season pass for 2017/18
- Shepherd watching – experience the shepherd with his dog and their flock
- ... and much more