Hauser Kaibling Field Day
Hauser Kaibling field day – a day to show our guests that modern and traditional, snow groomer and sheep, Alpine skiing and hiking are no contradictions, but existing synergies on the Hauser Kaibling!
A family day out for locals and guests with many highlights. About 6000 visitors spent an exciting ‘open day’ by the Hauser Kaibling gondola lift, that was at the same time the 7th edition of the “Styrian Alpine Lamb Festival”.
With no entrance fee and free gondola ride, guests were offered varied attractions from the valley up to the top of the Hauser Kaibling!
Further highlights of the day:
- Free ice cream, lollipops, and soft drinks for children
- Helicopter round-trips
- ÖAMTC helicoper for viewing
- Mountain rescue demonstration with more than 40 persons and 4 locations
- Children's programm: bouncing castle, face-painting, handicrafts, motor activity park
- "Sheep village" in the area around the top station Tauern gondola lift with culinary delicacies and lamb specialties from the Styrian sheep & goat breed association, the innkeepers of the huts Krummholzhütte and Berggasthof Scharfetter; music with the "Marktmusikkapelle Haus", "Steirisch aufgspuit" and "Steirerklang"; all sorts of varied sheep and lamb products
- Raffle with valuable non-cash prizes (eg Ski amadé season pass 2014/15, tandem paragliding from the Hauser Kaibling summit, SummerCard season 2015 and much more.)
- "Shepherd watching" - experiencing shepherd, herding dog, and flock
- Guided hike alond the "Schaferlebnis" round-trail with vegetation comparison and quadrocopter flight show
- Kayaking & canoeing on the reservoir lake Kaiblingalm
- ... und much more!!